Monday 18 June 2012

Sheep , sun and fog

                                                                                   Picture by Roger Davies


I spent the weekend working at a sheep herding trial.   We had high heat and humidity the first day, damp cold wind the next day with thick fog in the morning. and  pleasant weather the last day - sun, puffy clouds and a good breeze.  The first day many competitors were disappointed in their runs with the dogs.  There was also a bit of friction when personalities sorted themselves out, and disappointments were faced.  However we all had a good time. Lots of work, lots of good food and lots of fun.  I remember sitting on my chair thinking I could be upset at an unkind comment made to me, but I just took it all in.  The sun, the wonderful pastoral setting, good people, great food, and all in all, a sense of camaraderie.  With  the breeze  blowing across my cheeks and the sun shining on my face , I thought - it doesn't get much better than this.  It could be easy to see what wasn't working or what went wrong, but  it just takes a moment to change the lens and see what went right and celebrate it.  What a better way to live!

In appreciation for all that is,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment