Thursday 21 June 2012

The rain has stopped


                                                                                                                       source:  www.theweathernetwork.com

We have had so much rain the past few weeks.  Basements have flooded,  sewers have backed up into peoples' homes, roads were closed due to washouts.   I am grateful that I had a just little water in my basement and not a lot . We are all tired of the rain, but I am sure the  fire fighters are relieved that the risk of forest fires has lessened considerably,  I was so happy  and grateful   to see the sun  shining this morning. It brightened my day and lifted my spirits. True blue skies, puffy clouds and a warm breeze re-energized  me.  My garden is responding well to the  abundant  rain followed by sunshine.  Everything is growing rapidly and I have a "riot" of colour in my front garden: green,  white,  blue, orange, yellow, pink, purple  and red - all brightened by the morning sun!  Sitting on my front deck "perched " among the shrubs and flowers, I realize that life is indeed good.

In gratitude,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment