Tuesday 26 June 2012

Grace isn't a little prayer...

Grace  isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal.  It is a way to live.  
Attributed to Jacqueline Winspear.

  A Tarte Tatin that I made and  enjoyed with friends

When I read this quote, I thought of how many times I have said the grace before meals. Usually it was  a formality, said quickly , without really thinking of the words, so that I could get on with the eating!  We said grace because we were supposed to do that.  Perhaps the times  I really thought about what I was grateful for before eating, was at Thanksgiving, at a family gathering, when we each, in turn, reflected on what we were thankful for in life - and that had some meaning.  Since I have been trying to grow gratitude in my life, I really appreciate and am grateful  for,  not only a good meal, but so many other things in life.  When you appreciate and are grateful  for everything you have  in life, whether it is a new purchase or  the exquisite scent of a rose, then you  are rich indeed.  Everything is a gift and a blessing.  We just need to eyes to see that.

Grateful for the many blessings in my life,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment