Saturday 9 June 2012

86,400 seconds



God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "thank you"?   William  A. Ward

My life is bound by time - I am always checking my watch . Am I on time?  Am I late.? What time  is that TV program on?  Even when I wake up in the middle of the night , I check to see what time it is.  I am not sure what the point of that is.... 

How have I spent those 86,400 seconds each day?  A good portion of it is sleeping, working, eating, relaxing , socializing etc.  But it takes  just a second to say thank you to someone, which could light up their day.  It just takes a second to notice the beauty of a sunset, to appreciate it  and say "that you " to God, to the universe,  to all that is - whichever word means something to you.  How much richer would my life be if I spent a tiny  fraction of those 86,400 seconds in gratitude?  Even if I voiced  or felt a moment  of gratitude every 10 minutes for my 16 waking hours each day  (which seems like a lot) - that would be 96 moments of gratitude or 96 seconds and that would still leave me 86,304 seconds to do all the rest of my living.  Makes me think about how I am using my time.

In gratitude,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment