Sunday 1 January 2012

The idea  for this blog came about 2 weeks ago while  I was driving in the car. Out of the blue I was filled with a  strong sense of gratitude and contentment. I gave thanks for my family  and friends,  for their love and support and even for the sometimes painful opportunities to grow.

In the past I have kept a gratitude journal for  a month or two at a time.  I thought about making a commitment to expressing gratitude in a public forum with the hopes that I would keep this up and that it might have a positive effect if even one person reads it.  So today with the beginning of a  new year,  I have decided to put my thoughts into action.   

With the Christmas season ending, I have been keenly aware of the  rampant consumerism  which encourages us to  always want  more, bigger and better and not to  be content with what we have.  I fully appreciate  how richly my life has been blessed just living here in North America. I know that some days I will have lots to say and other days perhaps I will just be grateful that the sun is still there!

I hope that  you will join me on this journey, holding me accountable to my plan. Perhaps  you might send me your thoughts of gratitude so that the seeds we plant  together will blossom into a lush garden.

In gratitude,
Marg 

3 comments:

  1. I thank God for the gift of you...what a wonderful opportunity to express your gratitude....thanks for sharing....love and light your buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I have been consciously cultivating every since I read about it in,of all places, a detective novel by Louise Penny. One of her characters ended each day by 'counting his blessings'. We have so many! Today I am marveling at the view of Lake Superior out my window, the rising sun and a laker sliding into the port.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled that you have decided to post a blog. You have a lot to share. I am grateful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete