Saturday 24 November 2012

Lens of gratitude

"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he is going to get. " Frank A. Clark
                                                     source: the weather network.com

I have read this quote many times, but today it "spoke " to me. For me this quote is all about our attitude to life, all about  the lens through which we view life.   I just had my second cataract surgery done and I always appreciated the beauty of nature, but now that I see more clearly, I  am awed and appreciate the beauty all the more. Too see in detail the bright colours of birds coming to the feeder, the definition in the bark of a tree, the vibrant colours of flowers,  is just amazing.

If we are already grateful for what we have now, we will also be grateful for  the blessings, the good things that come our way.  In this manner we are truly "rich".  We appreciate all that we have and this brings on a feeling of contentment- anything else and our cup overflows.  What a positive frame of mind to be in, instead of alway wishing we had more, instead of always comparing what we have to others.  Nothing wrong about having good things, but it is all about our attitude to them.  Be focused on,  and grateful for,  all the good things in our life, instead of  training our eye on what is lacking...  then our life will be immeasurably richer.  I choose to view life through the lens of abundance , rather than the lens of lack.

In gratitude for being able to see the riches that surround me,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment