Friday 16 November 2012

Choices

"The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it." (Oneness With All Life)  Eckhart Tolle

I received this quote in my email the other day and  it really speaks to me about thinking and making choices.  At any moment I can choose to think about a situation in the past  which has caused me pain or in the future  which may cause me to worry, or, I can quite simply be in the present moment, in that vast sea of stillnes, devoid of thought,  and experience true peace and contentment.  I can choose for  pain or peace.  The pain is usually a by-product of thought.   I can choose to be grateful for being alive, having what I have or I can think about it, analyse it, agonize  over  what should have been or what is lacking in my life.  This serves no purpose, but to make me more unhappy and ungrateful.

 I am more frequently choosing for peace and my life is much better!  On my mirror I have a sign that says "Choose your attitude".    I choose  to live in an attitude of gratitude, peace and joy.  Now I just have to remember  that on a daily basis.

In gratitude for the ability and awareness to choose,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment