Wednesday 22 August 2012

The joy of caneoing


Yesterday a friend and I went for a short canoe excursion on a local lake.  I have always loved caneoing, but have only paddled a canoe a few times in my life.  I am so grateful for the wonderful day: sunny skies, warm temperatures and fantastic scenery.  I loved it all!  From the choppy, rough  waters in the middle of the lake  to the calm waters filled with reeds as we approached the shore.   The rhythm of the paddle dipping and gliding through the water. The sight and sounds of birds soaring in the sky and calling to each other.  Loons rushing up from the water as we approached them.  A fresh and at times brisk breeze kept me cool.  The peace and tranquillity of nature and deep blue waters is hard to describe.  In the moment, feeling so alive, energized and exhilarated.  It doesn't get much better than this.

In gratitude for the wonders of nature  and for the friend who generously shared  his  canoe.
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment