Friday 21 September 2012

The hardest arithmetic



I love arithmetic and I love numbers.  As a Kindergarten  and Grade 1 teacher I would teach the children to count anything and everything:  buttons, cubes, shapes, crayons - whatever was handy.  However I don 't remember teaching them to count their blessings.  Of course I taught them to say "please" and " thank you". , but to recognize all the blessings they had was absent from the curriculum, aside from Thanksgiving Day.

Today I am a "little under the weather "  with an upset stomach and headache, so it is a perfect time to stop feeling miserable and acknowledge all the good things in my life.  Here are just a few.

I am grateful for:
1.  my son who has a generous heart and  makes me laugh
2.  my mother who supported me through all the years
3.  my dog who is getting old but who is always upbeat and  ready for an adventure.

I am grateful for:
4.  my garden,with the lovely flowers
5.  the tomatoes that I can pick straight from the vine, all warm and tasty from the afternoon sun
6.  the trickle of water from my pond which  invites birds and squirrels to visit.

I am grateful for:
7.  my extended family and friends  - for the  love and support they give me
8.  my fellow meditators  who join me in the silence and  help me stay on track
9.  my colleagues that helped and shared in the work load.

The list could go on and on...

 And finally
10.  I am grateful for the fact that I  live in a country where I can buy medicine to make my stomach feel better!

In gratitude for my many blessings, too numerous to count
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment