Thursday 13 September 2012

Einstein : two ways to live

Yesterday was  busy day and quite windy.  I have had  headaches off and on for the past 2 days.    I hadn't yet walked the dog and looked out the window  in my home office and saw the most amazing sunset. I got the collar and leash and my dog and I walked out into the sky ablaze with gold, pink and red clouds.  The wind had died down and it was absolutely calm.  My dog and I changed our normal route to be able to walk towards the sunset.  Roof lines and trees were silhouetted against the ever deepening colours of the sky.  It was so calm, so still - a magical  experience.   I wondered how many people witnessed this beauty - how many were hunched over a computer screen ( as was I) or glued to the TV, oblivious to the show of beauty outside. Our life is full of  beauty and magic, if only we take the time to see,  if only we have eyes to see.  I felt in awe of this wonderful display, in awe of the beauty  and stillness . Albert Einstein once said: "there are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a  miracle". I choose the latter  -  to live  and witness  the miracles that abound in my daily life.

In gratitude for the awesome power and  beauty  of our universe,
Marg



No comments:

Post a Comment