Sunday 8 July 2012

Not just another day

"You think that this is just another day in your life .  It is not just another day.  It is the one day that is given to you today.  It is given to you - it's a gift.  It is the only gift you have right now,   and the only appropriate response is gratefulness .
 Source: http://www.ted.com/ta/louie_schwartzberg_nature_beauty_gratitude.html

I was truly  alive today.  I went to my sister's camp/cottage on the lake and the day was marvelous - warm weather, a good breeze, sunny skies,  puffy clouds and then darker clouds and stronger winds.  I went to swim in the water and the waves picked up - I felt fresh, rejuvenated, energized, so alive, so much a part of it all.  It was truly just another day... and, just as any other day, when we are aware of all the gifts or wonders that surround us,  it becomes an amazing day!


 I  appreciate the gift of today.  I am grateful for my sister and her husband's generosity -  always welcoming me to come  and spend time by the lake.  To the universe for providing such a splendid gift, Thank you, Merci, Danke schon!

The website mentioned above features a talk on the marvels of nature and gratefulness - well worth visiting!

In gratitude,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment