Sunday 28 April 2013

10 seconds

I was watching a youtube clip of Fred  Rogers accept a lifetime achievement award at the Emmy's in 1997.  In his acceptance speech he said: "Would you just take,  along with me,  10 seconds to think of the people who have helped you become who your are.  Those who have cared about you and have wanted what is best for you in life. 10 seconds and I'll watch the time".  The he went silent as did the audience.  It was an amazing thing on TV - 10 seconds in silence, in gratitude. recognizing others' hands in our success!  So often we "puff up " with pride at our accomplishments.  How often do we look back to see the others  behind us who helped us along the way. It take humility to acknowledge that perhaps we have not done it all alone!  Mothers, fathers, teachers, siblings, friends, mentors,teachers coaches....the list goes on.  I invite you to take 10 seconds to acknowledge in your heart those who have helped you become who you are today.

In gratitude for all those who have helped me, shaped  me, and walked the path before me, making it easier to find my way,
Marg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM

No comments:

Post a Comment