Thursday 29 March 2012

Delight in the little things

“Delight in the little things.” Rudyard Kipling

Sometimes  I think that I need to express gratitude for the "big" or important things : family, friends, home, good job. etc.  Of course these are so important, but is noticing and appreciating little things that make us happy on a day-to-day basis. Delighting in little things turns the seemingly mundane into magic and mystery.

Noticing the beauty in the drops of rain clinging precariously to the bare branches of my tree.
Looking out the window and seeing the birds gather around the bird feeder - eagerly trying to get the "prime" location , make washing the dishes not so much a chore.
Spotting that little green shoot in the  barren garden that tells me my tulips are on the way up.
Feeling the mild breeze on my cheeks announcing the hope of spring.
Watching plump snowflakes drifting  lazily to the ground ...even in March!
These little daily things fill my heart with beauty and wonder... I don't need to feel lack when the "big" things don't appear.

Just in the moment, savouring it all.....

In gratitude for the small daily wonders that  so enrich my life,
Marg 

No comments:

Post a Comment