Saturday 18 February 2012

When eating bamboo sprouts...


When eating bamboo sprouts  remember the man who planted them.  Chinese proverb

 Well I came down with a bad head cold yesterday -easy to feel miserable but I am grateful that I don't have to work and can just lounge around the house and take it easy.  Got take-out Thai food for supper: green  mango salad, pad thai, spring rolls, and pork satay. It tasted so delicious  and the best part was that I didn't have to cook it!  I am grateful for all those who made this wonderful meal possible, from the farmers,  to the merchants and to the wonderful cooks who prepared the meal.  It is so easy  to forget all the work that has gone into bringing the food to our table. Do we think of the truck drivers who transport the food, the packers who pack the goods before they are shipped to the restaurant, the  workers in factories who make the containers?  How many hands have worked so that I could enjoy and savour this wonderful meal?  No doubt more than I can imagine.  Thank you all!

With appreciation,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment