Wednesday 8 February 2012

Happiness


“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

If we are always looking forward to the future, looking forward to acquiring more, we may  be blind  to  what we have, to what is. Often it is appreciating  the small, everyday  things that make  me content:
- the feeling  of the warmth of the sun on my cheeks although it is still cold outside;
-the chirping of birds in the neighbourhood trees;
-enjoying a good meal with family or friends.  
I have experienced all of these today.   I am content with what I have.  It is all about being present, noticing and appreciating the many blessings we have each day.  "Carpe Diem" - seize the day.  It doesn't have to be big or momentous or earth shattering..    My carpe diem translates into  "Appreciate the Day"!

Ever in gratitude,
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment